Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Settling in

I gave Otter Friday to settle in and get used to his new barn (and give me time to work on unpacking), then went out to the barn on Saturday with Matt (Fiance).  Otter was a little tense and looking around. There was a group lesson going on in the covered arena, so we headed out to the dressage arena for our ride.  Otter felt like his normal stiff and heavy self after having a few days off, and I was a little stiff also.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that he didn't look as bad as he felt in the pictures that Matt took.  Finished up our ride and put him back out then headed off for family stuff.



Sunday I went back out to the barn and Otter was much more relaxed from the beginning.  One of the little girls at the barn is so cute - she keeps asking me questions about Otter and what he's done and if we are going to the show in December (we are).  Took Otter back outside for some more flat work, and he was relaxed, supple, and light from the beginning.  We worked on bend, and trot lengthenings.




Going to head back out to the barn this afternoon.  

1 comment: