Pages

Friday, July 31, 2015

Horses of my Christmas past - Part 1 : Mr. Chips

Mr. Chips was the horse that my mom had before I was born.  He was a 14 something hand bay QH. My mom mainly showed him in the small 4-H type hunter ring, but he was a pretty good baby sitter also.  He was the first horse that I ever rode by myself (and also in utero).  At that time we had a few acres, so he lived in our backyard with a few boarder horses (and eventually my pony).  Looking back at the pictures of him, I'm always taken aback for a minute at how almost pony-like he looks, because in my memories, he was always a big horse.  It's funny how time and perspective changes things like that. He was part of my life till I was about 6 or 7 when he crossed the rainbow bridge.
I'm pretty sure that I get my love of horses from Mr. Chips, because when I remember him, I can only remember how sweet and patient he was with me - from my attempts to grooming to the daily rides I demanded.  

No comments:

Post a Comment