Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

June 2014

We got back from Waradaca, and I had to get a blood draw done for work (happens twice a year).  Normally it's pretty routine, although the nurse that does it is a little iffy on the draws.  Well, this time she screw up pretty good, and of course it's on me who doesn't do well with blood draws anyways.  (I promise this will relate back to horses eventually).  So the blood draw is on a Tuesday and afterwards I have a bit of a bump there and a little bit of bruising.  Well the little bit of bruising turns into a lot of bruising

The pictures don't even do it justice.  It almost wraps around my whole arm

So back to the Otter.  After his antics at Waradaca, I decided that we needed some more time in the sandbox at shows, so the weekend after the screwed up blood draw, I jumped aboard on a trip to a local CT.  He was pretty good.  Warm up went fantastic - soft and supple, time in the ring was decent, he was a bit looky though.  Stadium also went well, and this was our first time showing in the new bit - and we finally had a round without rails!  Heading home though, my arm felt horrible - was pretty painful and I swear the bruise got way darker during the day.  

Work convinced me to go back to the doctor and get it check out again mid week, so I did.  Because of them passing me around from one doc to the next, we still aren't quite sure what the nurse did wrong, but after I was told not to use it at all for a week, the bruising/bleeding stopped getting worse and slowly started getting better.  

Because of the whole arm thing, I didn't really ride again till almost the end of June, and I had another show 4th of July weekend.  

Also sometime during the month, my fiance got a job offer and moved to Baton Rouge, LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment