Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

October 10 questions

In the name of procrastinating reading for my college class, here are my answers to the October 10 questions.

1. How many pairs of breeches/jods do you own? Um... best guess is 12ish?  Maybe more that don't quite fit anymore or are in moving boxes.

2. How many horses have you ridden? In my lifetime: approximately 65 (I only counted the ones that I have ridden multiple times)
Charisma
Chloe, my last horse


3. How many trainers have you had? 10 (Some were at the same time like when I was younger and had a dressage trainer and jumping trainer.  Some were collegiate trainers)

4. How many barns have you ridden at? 8

5. What is the name of the horse you consider yourself to have the greatest bond with?  Either my childhood pony, Pansy, or Otter.  It's hard to decide since the relationship that I have with each of them is so different.
Pansy, one of my last visits with her before she crossed the rainbow bridge





6. What is your favorite show name you've ever encountered?   Gotta say that I like show names involving alcohol...

7. What do you consider your greatest weakness or flaw in riding?  I've ridden without a trainer for so much that I've developed some bad habits, the worse of them is that I look down when riding.  It's not so much that I"m watching the ground, but when I'm trying to feel the horse and feel rhythm, it's just kinda where my eyes go.

8. What do you consider to be your greatest strength? When I was younger, I used to get thrown up onto a lot of horses because after learning to ride on a naughty pony, nothing could get me off.  I can still stick some pretty ridiculous antics thrown by some horses, but I prefer not to now. 

9. Have you ever leased a horse?  Yes, two when I was a teenager, Jaybo was the first and we were suppose to buy him, but then he got injured by his owner's other horse out in the field.  Heaven was the second and I took her to Pony Club national championships in 1997

10. What is the name of the first horse you rode? The first horse I rode was my mom's old Quarter Horse, Mr. Chips



1 comment: