Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Clipping

While clipping Otter last week (and finishing it up yesterday), I got to thinking about all of the times when I was younger when I loved clipping horses.  I'm not sure if it was the getting paid to do other's horses, or I was just weird, but I used to love to clip.  And now I hate the actual process, a fact I seem to forget every year until I am halfway through a clip.


This past spring's clip job.  He got a hunter clip this time around in prep for the warmer weather down south.

Also every year, I see people on COTH speaking about the wonders of damp/wet clipping, and how absolutely magical it is, and how easy it makes clipping.  I tried it last year, and again this year, and I have to be honest - I don't understand how it is better.  Yes, the hair doesn't fly everywhere, but I feel like it actually clogs up the blades more because the hair sticks to the blades, and I end up with more missed hair on the horse because it's wet and slicked down.  If anybody has any tips on it, I would love to know.  I will say though, that for me, clipping seems to go best, easiest, quickest, least lines, with a freshly bathed, but fluffy dry, horse.

1 comment: