Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Not much to say

Went to the barn again on Monday.  I had been hoping to jump, but since I was the only person at the barn, other than the guys who feed, while I was tacking up, I ended up putting on his dressage saddle instead (I won't jump if nobody else is around).  I ended up taking advantage of the quietness and decided to ride in the covered arena for the first time.  For the first half of our ride, Otter wasn't quite there.  He wasn't being bad - just a little distracted and unfocused.  Then our new trainer showed up at the barn and I stopped to chat with her for a few minutes.  When we went back to work, Otter was much better.  I did some transitions and circle work, then cooled him out.

I will be joining a group jumping lesson on Sunday morning.  It's going to mean an early morning to get out to the barn and be ready to go, but I'm excited about doing group lessons again - I feel like you can learn just as much watching other people ride as you can in a lesson by yourself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment