Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Keeping things short and sweet

I know I have fallen off the blogging bandwagon the past few months, but life has been pretty crazy recent with the move, new job, building a house and wedding planning.  I know I say this every time, but I really am going to try to have more of a presence on here – just beware it might not happen for another two months. 



Things have been going pretty well with Otter – took him to a few local shows this spring and finally scored in the 20’s in dressage.  He’s starting to look pretty fancy.  I just got a new (to me) dressage saddle that has definitely helped with some of the issues we were fighting in the old saddle that just didn’t fit us right.
Due to time restrictions, most of my rides recently have been fairly short – definitely under 30 minutes.  At first it was due to time management and trying to get rides in before I had to be at work at 11am, but after a few weeks of shortened rides, I noticed that we were getting better work sooner in the ride.  Now that my schedule has gotten better and I have more time at the barn, I have still been keeping my rides short.  I get on, we walk a bit, do some work – if he’s good we are done then, if not then we work on a few things, but without drilling on them, and then finish up.  He’s become so much more relaxed recently, and I feel like the change is due to the shorter rides. 
My spring/summer competition schedule definitely has not happened like I had thought it would – changing jobs this spring and then the wedding planning has just tied up too much time.  I can’t even imagine how I would have fit a busy show schedule in.  I am hoping to get a couple of recognized shows in this fall season though, but we will see how things go.  I have been pretty happy just riding around the farm and going to the local shows.
*Side note: If anybody is looking for a used but in good condition Wintec Isabell dressage saddle with the Cair system and exchangeable gullet plates, please let me know! I will have pictures within the next few days to send

No comments:

Post a Comment