Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Scheduling Conflicts

With the temperatures rising, I’m going to have to change my riding schedule around.  Right now, I will usually go out in the afternoon between when the training rides/AA’s have lessons in the AM and when all the kids start their lessons late PM.  I usually have an hour or two gap where the barn is fairly quiet.  I find when I go out at this time I get so much accomplished at home before I ride – the laundry get done, the cleaning gets done, etc.
 I really want to start riding first thing in the morning, when it is still relatively cool and before the barn gets busy.  Only two problems with this – the first is that I am so not a morning person, and I love to sleep in on my days off, and the second is that when I ride in the morning then come home, I feel like I never get the same amount accomplished that I do when I ride in the afternoon.
 Does anyone else have this issue?  How do you work around it?

2 comments:

  1. i'd love to ride in the mornings but yea, also not a morning person haha. my usual ride times are evenings after work, and i just suck it up and steer around the kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was riding after work at my old job, it was great because by the time I got out to the barn everyone was finishing up already, so I would have the arena to myself. Just meant some late nights driving back home. With my current schedules (I work 12 hour shifts, so only work 3.5 days a week) it's nice to get out in the morning before it starts to get too hot. I'm starting to get used to riding in the morning.

    ReplyDelete